The growing evidence of an emerging tick-borne disease that causes a Lyme‑like illness for many Australian patients.
The terms of reference are:
- the prevalence and geographic distribution of Lyme-like illness in Australia;
- methods to reduce the stigma associated with Lyme-like illness for patients, doctors and researchers;
- the process for diagnosis of patients with a Lyme-like illness, with a specific focus on the laboratory testing procedures and associated quality assurance processes, including recognition of accredited international laboratory testing;
- evidence of investments in contemporary research into Australian pathogens specifically acquired through the bite of a tick and including other potential vectors;
- potential investment into research to discover unique local causative agents causing a growing number of Australians debilitating illness;
- the signs and symptoms Australians with Lyme-like illness are enduring, and the treatment they receive from medical professionals; and
- any other related matters.
For more information go to House of Representatives